Author Topic: CVA POST BUDGET ALERT - VIP PROGRAM CHANGES  (Read 3846 times)

Mike Blais

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CVA POST BUDGET ALERT - VIP PROGRAM CHANGES
« on: April 02, 2012, 10:56:33 PM »
Be advised that I have spoken to Benjamin from Minister's Blaney's office this afternoon in reference to some of the questions that have been raised on the CVA Facebook site about the VIP program. I was assured that most of these issues would be addressed tomorrow morning and he has promised to send us the press release the moment it is released. We will of course publish this document on the Canadian Veterans Advocacy internet network.

I am sure that many will still have questions and i would encourage you to write them down and send them to me so that I might address your concerns at the highest levels and in an expedient manner.

Pro Patria Semper Fidelis.

Michael L Blais CD
Founder/President, Canadian Veterans Advocacy
6618 Harper Drive, Niagara Falls, Ont, Cda.
L2E 7K6 // 905-357-3306 // Cell 905-359-9247

info@canadianveteransadvocacy.com
http://www.canadianveteransadvocacy.com/index.html
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CdnVetsAdvocacy/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/150134285064687/

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:27:14 AM by Mike Blais »

Mike Blais

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CVA POST BUDGET ALERT - VIP PROGRAM CHANGES
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:14:17 AM »
News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 3, 2012

News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE April 3, 2012

Veterans Affairs Minister Steven Blaney is
Cutting Red Tape for Veterans and their Families

Halifax - The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, announced today another component of the “Cutting Red Tape for Veterans” initiative. With the new changes, Veterans will receive up-front payments for ground maintenance and housekeeping services offered under the Veterans Independence Program (VIP). Veterans will no longer have to submit receipts for these two popular services. This eliminates cumbersome paperwork for Veterans and puts money into their hands faster, so they can remain independent in their own homes.

“This change is another concrete example of our Government’s commitment to cutting red tape for Veterans,” said Minister Blaney. “Veterans have told us they want a more hassle-free service from the Department and we are taking action. The new payments will eliminate unnecessary paperwork for approximately 100,000 Veterans and their families.”

Once the changes are in effect, Veterans who receive grounds maintenance and housekeeping services through VIP will no longer have to obtain, track and submit receipts to receive the financial support they need. The payments will be based on an individual’s needs and the local going rates for these services. Veterans will receive two payments each year. By replacing multiple reimbursements with simple up-front payments, Veterans Affairs Canada will ensure that Veterans will no longer face paying for expenses and being out of pocket while waiting to be reimbursed.  These changes will also eliminate millions of transactions between Veterans and the department.

“Our Government will continue to cut cumbersome red tape to provide our Veterans with the best possible service,” said Minister Blaney. “Our Veterans served our country with pride and conviction so we can live in a better world. Our Government will continue to make changes so that Veterans receive the benefits and services they deserve without bureaucratic delays. We are making paperwork a thing of the past. By offering up-front payments, Veterans get the immediate support they need.”

“The changes to the VIP program announced by Minister Blaney will make life easier for Veterans,” said Gordon Jenkins, President of the NATO Veterans Organization of Canada. “Instead of having to submit individual receipts and burn up bureaucratic processing time, Veterans will now receive a grant to cover the cost. This benefits everyone.”

Gryphon59

• View Profile
Re: CVA POST BUDGET ALERT - VIP PROGRAM CHANGES
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:34:32 AM »
I understand what they are trying to do with the VIP program but I can't stop tinking it is a double edged sword.  I do receive VIP services and do pay up front.  The money from last month pays for the current month.  That is good.
Paying twice a year will give a lump sum payment that will go to some other badly needed item.  It will not go to the VIP payments.
I have to ask, are they helping us or themselves?  Less paperwork will cut into the monies taken from Veterans Affairs but will it help us budget?  My career was in finance but I find that living on this fixed income is a whole different thing.  To top it off, my husband just turned 65, so it is even tighter.
I feel they should leave it as it is.  That is my opinion.

Gryphon59
Gryphon59

They can take my body but not my soul.  That alone belongs to me.

One Veteran One Standard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CTV News Channel: A bitter-sweet victory
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 07:41:51 PM »
CTV News Channel: A bitter-sweet victory

Mike Blais Speaks on the VIP Changes

http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=693830