Author Topic: How to participate in the conversation  (Read 2271 times)

Canadian_Vet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canadian Veterans Advocacy
How to participate in the conversation
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
Welcome to the Canadian Veterans Advocacy Message Board.

My name is Mike, I am one of your hosts. The object of this board is to provide a forum for veterans of all ages seeking information on issues, both past and present, wherein they or their families have suffered long-term disabilities as a consequence to their service to Queen and country.

To join in the conversation simply open the appropriate category and click on the folder relevant to your quest or, should you wish to make a post at this time, go to the upper right, above the advertisement where it says Mark Read, Notify, New Topic, New Poll.

Clicking on these bonds opens a new page wherein you simply fill in your title and, in the text area, the context of your message. Too easy!

You can also import YouTube videos or pictures from your computer to the site and I will provide folders for each of these operations in case you have any questions or it is not working. Sylvain Chartrand is an expert in this field and will certainly help you out if I cannot! I would recommend, however, joining photo bucket, http://photobucket.com/,  or a premium get free photograph storage site as I find that is the best way of posting pictures on the Internet without compromising your computer.

The Canadian Veterans Advocacy's objective through maintaining this site is to provide a free information database/forum that veterans and their families can access at any time during the research of their respective situation. If you have information that you feel can help a veteran or advice that you can offer to the Advocacy in our quest to improve the quality of care for our veterans, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Canadian Veterans Advocacy - One Veteran One Standard

Web Site: http://www.canadianveteransadvocacy.com/index.html

Main FaceBook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CdnVetsAdvocacy/

Main FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CanadianVeteransAdvocacy

eldegas8

• View Profile
Attendance Allowance Chapter 5
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
I am a disabled veteran who suffers from mental illness.  I have problems with my short term memory and my spouse has to administer my medication daily each dose.  If there are any other Veterans who are suffering from this same problem and have a Disability Pension under the Pension Act 1985 you may be entitled to Attendance Allowance.  I refer you the The Table of Disabilities Chapter Five Table 1 para I and then go to Table Four Medical Administration to grade your level.  There is five grade levels and five is the lowest paying.  This is a tax free payment for the rest of the Veterans life and the spouse will continue to receive Attendance Allowance for a year after the Veterans death.  The tax free monthly payments range from $274.67 to $1700.00.  I was denied on my first application because my Case Manger said I didn't meet the criteria of "totally disabled" and all my ADLS were intact.  I won my Departmental Review and I did qualify for the benefit but was disappointed when they gave me only Grade Five.  This is now under Departmental Review and I will have to wait another three to four months for a decision on the grade level.  Don't let the Department fool you and if there is anybody out there with mental illness suffering from short term memory loss I encourage them to check out Chapter Five Attendance Allowance.  Not a lot of people know about this benefit under the Pension Act 1985.  Spread the word before the current Government writes this benefit out of legislation.  "One Veteran One Standard"

Welcome to the Canadian Veterans Advocacy Message Board.

My name is Mike, I am one of your hosts. The object of this board is to provide a forum for veterans of all ages seeking information on issues, both past and present, wherein they or their families have suffered long-term disabilities as a consequence to their service to Queen and country.

To join in the conversation simply open the appropriate category and click on the folder relevant to your quest or, should you wish to make a post at this time, go to the upper right, above the advertisement where it says Mark Read, Notify, New Topic, New Poll.

Clicking on these bonds opens a new page wherein you simply fill in your title and, in the text area, the context of your message. Too easy!

You can also import YouTube videos or pictures from your computer to the site and I will provide folders for each of these operations in case you have any questions or it is not working. Sylvain Chartrand is an expert in this field and will certainly help you out if I cannot! I would recommend, however, joining photo bucket, http://photobucket.com/,  or a premium get free photograph storage site as I find that is the best way of posting pictures on the Internet without compromising your computer.

The Canadian Veterans Advocacy's objective through maintaining this site is to provide a free information database/forum that veterans and their families can access at any time during the research of their respective situation. If you have information that you feel can help a veteran or advice that you can offer to the Advocacy in our quest to improve the quality of care for our veterans, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.