Author Topic: 29-08-12 CVA Sit Rep, Ardent Dignity - L-Gen Walter Semianiw  (Read 2051 times)

Mike Blais

• Administrator
    • View Profile
29-08-12 CVA Sit Rep, Ardent Dignity - L-Gen Walter Semianiw
« on: August 29, 2012, 09:47:10 PM »

Situation report... Been a very busy and productive day. Was contacted by General Walter Semianiw this morning and had a very good conversation about the CVA, Operation Ardent Dignity and the role we are asking veterans Affairs Canada to fulfill during the November 3rd Rally for Veterans. I pleased to note that he is much like myself, no BS, focus on the issue, be honest, sincere and deal with it. The Lump Sum Award was also discussed re November 10th Parliament Hill Vigil for the Wounded. I felt he was very supportive of Operation Ardent Dignity`s Rally for veterans and feel confident that Veterans Affairs Canada will support the November 3rd event. 

There was also an opportunity to advance on conversations about a homeless veterans Summit Minister Blaney and I shared in late July. I was happy to note General Semianiw will be taking the lead on this very important issue and appeared to be very interested in my observations. the need for leadership at VAC/Ministerial level in order to attain a coordinated effort. Jim Lowthers, my friend,  and VETS Canada was promoted, indeed, I phoned Jim right after to share what I believe is good news and seek permission to pass on his contact information to the general. 

I have a very good feeling, boys and girls .

Who is this guy?

PPCLI! VP

http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/dsa-dns/sa-ns/ab/sobv-vbos-eng.asp?mAction=View&mBiographyID=668