Author Topic: Canadian Veterans National Rendezvous 2011 ? Niagara. July 8, 9 and 10th.  (Read 1577 times)

Canadian_Vet

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Canadian Veterans Advocacy
Greetings fellow veterans and serving members.

My name is Michael L Blais CD, I am the founder of the Canadian Veterans Advocacy and, last November, the primary organizer of the Canadian Veterans National Day of Protest. The Advocacy will be hosting a Canadian Veterans National Rendezvous this summer in July and I would take this opportunity to reach out to veterans across Canada and the United States to invite them to Niagara Falls to celebrate the end of Canada's combat mission in Afghanistan, to welcome our troops home from a trying five years of combat and to raise money for homeless veterans programs in Montr?al and Halifax Nova Scotia through the CVA Pennies for Veterans campaign. The festivities will commence on Friday evening with a meet and greet and a concert down in Victoria Park by the falls. Special dispensation will be provided for veterans through the Niagara tourism industry and discount accommodations and tourist attractions will provide the foundation of an excellent family vacation. Or a second honeymoon.

Veterans who ride or belong to a veterans motorcycle club are welcome to join us on Saturday, July 9 for a morning/early afternoon Niagara region poker run and a mechanized veterans parade at 1400 through Victoria Park and by the falls. I have received endorsement by several of Canada's largest motorcycle veterans associations, including the CAV, and I'm expecting veterans who ride from across the nation and parts of the United States of America to participate in this historic occasion. We shall in column of route formation through Victoria Park, by the falls (Photo Shoot) and to the place where the rally will be held. On Saturday afternoon at approximately 1500, we shall enjoy an afternoon of activities, military demonstrations, bands and pro veteran, pro-troops speeches by local, provincial, federal politicians and military dignitaries. There will be a bike show and static display of vintage military vehicles, a variety of fun orientated activities for families and veterans alike.
I will provide more details as the situation develops but I can confirm with you now I have garnered the support of my Minister of provincial Parliament, Niagara falls tourist industry and the Niagara Parks Commission, the organization responsible for Victoria Park and the falls area. The Niagara Parks Commission is generously providing three concerts down by the falls on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings. There will also be a magnificent fireworks display and the lights on the falls will often reflect the colors Canadian and American military organizations.

Once again, this invitation is open to all serving members of the Canadian and the American Armed Forces and veterans who have served in peace and war. I would encourage you to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to visit Niagara Falls and enjoy the various historic, military and tourist orientated exhibits. There is much to do on so many levels. It is our hope that military families will take this opportunity and we are seeking discounts on such famous attractions as Marineland, Niagara Helicopters, The Maid of the Mist, the jet boat ride up the Niagara River amongst others. The Niagara tourist Bureau will also be setting up a booth at the meet and greet where attendees will be provided with a bag full of goodies discount coupons for local attractions.

More to follow on this thread as the situation develops.
Canadian Veterans Advocacy - One Veteran One Standard

Web Site: http://www.canadianveteransadvocacy.com/index.html

Main FaceBook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CdnVetsAdvocacy/

Main FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CanadianVeteransAdvocacy