Author Topic: D Day Vigil 2013 - June 6th, 1300 hrs, Parliament Hill Ottawa  (Read 1871 times)

Sylvain Chartrand CD ResF

• Administrator
    • View Profile
D Day minus 7... the clock is ticking, have you made your plans to stand on guard for those who stand on guard for thee yet?

We will be setting up the CVA command post in the Econolodge on Rideau St Saturday night after attending the Highway of heroes ride and launching the CVA suicide prevention initiative... If you need me, use my cell phone or email me through facebook or the CVA site.

Another example of why we are fighting, veterans issues should and must be apolitical, Ms Foote's bill would have eased the burdon of many, many veterans in need for a dignified burial.

Denied.

HARPER CONSERVATIVES VOTE AGAINST VETERANS
Posted on May 29, 2013

Judy Foote, Member of Parliament for Random-Burin-St. George’s, is extremely disappointed the Harper Conservatives collectively voted against her motion which would have made significant improvements to The Last Post Fund. “The goal of M-422 was to ensure that no Canadian veterans, including those who have served post-Korean War, are denied a proper funeral and burial. By voting against my motion, the Harper government voted against bringing equality and fairness to all veterans, which is shameful,” said Foote.

M-422 was endorsed by the Royal Canadian Legion who had launched their own letter writing campaign requesting improvements to The Last Post Fund, and during the course of the debate on the motion in the House of Commons, the NDP also joined Foote and her Liberal colleagues in supporting the proposed legislation. In the end, the Conservatives were the only Members of Parliament to vote against M-422. According to Foote, “Taking care of our veterans is not a partisan issue, it is our duty. By voting against my motion, the Harper government sent a clear message to veterans that the Conservatives cannot be counted on to support the thousands of Canadians who have fought, and continue to fight, so courageously for our country.”

Read more here...

https://www.facebook.com/events/568645593158512/