The primary mission of the Canadian Veterans Advocacy is to IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF OUR VETERANS.
In order to achieve this objective, the Canadian Veterans Advocacy will strive to affect positive change and advocate on behalf of veterans on the following issues:
- Provide a voice for Canada’s sons and daughters who serve in harm’s way
- Abolish the Lump Sum Disability Award and restore the Lifetime Pension
- Abolish the Widows Tax
- Establish a comprehensive, family inclusive, PTSD program
- Achieve fair compensation and redress for all Agent Orange victims, CFB Gagetown
- Achieve fair compensation and redress for all veterans exposed to chemical agents at CFB Suffield
- Support RCMP and police services veterans who served side-by-side with the Canadian Forces on overseas missions
- Achieve fair compensation and redress for the crew affected by the fire on HMCS Kootenay
- Abolish the systematic claw-back on the VAC pensions of 6500 veterans
- End the reduction of service/CPP disability pensions at age 65
- Push for substantive changes and improvements to the New Veterans Charter
- Help ensure that veterans and their spouses are not separated from one another if living in a nursing home
If you believe there is a core issue that has not been stated above, send us your feedback.